Will you marry me?
Andi accompanies Bex as she walks down the wedding aisle, set to marry Bowie. Just as the two are about to be wed, all the faces in the wedding turn into those of Jonah Beck. Andi awakes in horror, revealing that the entire wedding was a dream. Jonah is still away at Frisbee Camp, and is set to return soon, which is making Andi nervous.
Andi meets up with Buffy, where she admits that she hasn't missed Jonah as much as she thought she would, or in that case at all. The two meet Cyrus, who has just returned from a trip to England. Cyrus has become an Anglophile and is consistently speaking in a British accent, much to the annoyance of everyone around him.
The three go to The Spoon, where Cyrus continues his accent and Andi worries about Jonah's return. The door opens, and Andi is sure that it is Jonah, but Walker comes and joins them instead. Buffy says that Walker is here to see her, and that the two have begun seeing each other, much to Andi's surprise. Buffy asks Andi if she is okay with her and Walker dating, and Andi insists that she is, as Walker and her were never an official couple. Once Walker and Buffy start acting cute with each other, however, Andi finds herself wanting to leave.
Meanwhile, Bex gives a successful makeover to a customer, Monique, at Cloud 10, after which Celia asks for a makeover as well. While Celia gets ready in the restroom, Andi tries to explain her feelings regarding Buffy and Walker dating to Bex, but she in unable to form a complete thought. The door rings, and once again Andi braces for Jonah, only to find that Ham has returned from his trip around the world. A bearded Ham and and a polished Celia share an emotional reunion.
Buffy begins to wonder whether Andi was really okay with her dating Walker, although Walker proves his usefulness in getting Cyrus to finally stop speaking in a British accent by putting on an accent of his own. Back in Bex's apartment, Andi receives a makeover herself. Andi and Bex prepare for Jonah's return, but are shocked when Bowie appears, as he is supposed to be off on tour. In an unseen flashback from The Cake That Takes the Cake, Bowie agrees to marry Bex, but she convinces him to follow his dreams and go on tour with the Renaissance Boys. Andi is initially upset about this, but agrees that the fact that Bex and Bowie love each other is the most important thing.
Bowie explains how his tour went awry, and that he's ready to move ahead with the engagement. Bex and Bowie ask and accept each other's proposals at the same time, and Andi is thrilled that her parents are finally getting married. The three begin to celebrate, when Jonah finally comes back from camp. Andi and Jonah talk about their relationship, and are seemingly in agreement until Jonah says that they should be a couple at the same time that Andi says they should just be friends.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Andi Mack
- Joshua Rush as Cyrus Goodman
- Sofia Wylie as Buffy Driscoll
- Asher Angel as Jonah Beck
- Trent Garrett as Bowie Quinn
- Lilan Bowden as Bex Mack
- Lauren Tom as Celia Mack
- Chantel Flanders as Monique
| To view the The Boys Are Back gallery, click here.
- This episode introduces a revamped theme song and intro.
- The fact that Andi has bubble machines is a callback to The Snorpion and Andi's Choice, when she is shown to have a bubble machine.
- Trent Garrett joins the main cast as Bowie from this episode onward.
- The title comes from the fact that Cyrus, Walker, Ham, Bowie and Jonah all come back from a trip.
- There has been an 8-week time skip between The Cake That Takes the Cake and this episode.
- Bex and Bowie both propose at the same time, making it the second time both of them proposed.
It sounds like another messed-up marriage proposal. I don't get it! It's such a simple concept, with a very basic procedure, and for some reason, you two just cannot make it happen!
— Andi confronting Bex and Bowie
- ↑ []
- ↑ October 2018 Programming Highlights for Disney Channel, Disney-ABC Press (September 24, 2018)