Amber alert! Amber alert!
Amber goes to the frisbee field where Jonah Beck and Andi Mack are practicing. She introduces herself as Jonah's girlfriend. Andi realizes that she is in high school. Andi confronts her for using "Amber Alert!" to introduce herself since Amber alerts are for kidnapped children. Hence scary, not cute.
Amber finds Jonah Beck and Andi hugging after practice and she starts crying; saying that she's worried about losing Jonah. When she notices Jonah wearing a bracelet that Andi made for him, Amber manipulates Jonah into giving her the bracelet. After that she goes to The Spoon Diner to show off the bracelet to Andi Mack and her friends, leading into a long stare-down contest.
Amber attends Andi's dance party and finds Andi dancing with Jonah Beck. She pretends to be fine with it and wows the crowd with her dancing on the floor. She goes to Andi to make sure that Andi knows Jonah gave her the bracelet. She also tells Cyrus that she wants to set him up with her friend. Amber surprises everyone when she takes over the stage and gives shoutout to Andi for throwing a great party... and for Andi's new mom, Bex. She makes things worse when she makes fun of Andi's absent dad. Jonah Beck confronts Amber about it.
Amber and Iris want to double date with Jonah Beck and Cyrus. During the double date, Amber seems jealous of Cyrus and Iris for being too cute. When she asks them what they're giggling about, Iris says it's a private joke, making Amber mad. So, Amber gets back at them by making fun of Cyrus's shoes. During the merry-go-round rides, Amber wants Jonah to ride with her but Jonah is scared and stays behind with Cyrus. When Cyrus gets nauseous, Amber says he won't make it and doesn't show as much sympathy as Jonah and Iris. After the date, Andi catches Amber cheating on Jonah by drawing a heart on another boy's heart.
When Andi tells Jonah about Amber cheating on him, Amber comes to Jonah's school to "prove" that Andi is lying. She texts Andi from Jonah's phone and when Andi comes to Jonah's locker running, Amber uses it to confirm that Andi likes Jonah Beck. Amber tells Andi that she continues to use "Amber Alert" regardless of Andi telling her it's bad. Amber pushes Andi to admit that she likes Jonah but Andi stands up to her and storms off.
When Andi arrives at school, Cyrus and Buffy inform her of Jonah and Amber's break up. We can assume this was a consequence of Jonah finding out of her cheating because when Cyrus talks to him about it he says he "doesn't want to get hurt again." However, when Cyrus gives him advice, he's unclear about who he's talking about, leading Jonah to get back together with Amber rather than asking Andi out, which was the original goal.
Amber and her high school make fun of Jonah's Space Otters Frisbee Team, saying it's not a real team. This upsets Jonah. And when Jonah walks away from them, Amber concludes that he's going after Andi because he likes her. She tells Jonah if Andi looks back, it means she likes him. Both Andi and Cyrus look back. Amber later tries to apologize to Jonah Beck for letting her friends make fun of "Space Ferrets" but Jonah is already too mad. Jonah Beck breaks up with Amber and asks for his bracelet back. Amber tells Jonah that he is very lucky to be dating her. So, she threatens him for breaking up with her, saying that he will regret it.
Amber starts working as a waitress at The Spoon Diner. This makes things awkward for Andi, Cyrus and Buffy who regularly hangout at the diner. Iris advises them to give Amber a chance. She tells them that Amber is not a bad person. She is just insecure. Andi wonders why everyone keeps saying Amber is insecure.
Amber opens up to Jonah Beck first about her situation. She tells Jonah that she needs to earn the money in order to help support her family. She just recently found out that her dad lost his job and had been keeping it a secret. Jonah sympathizes with Amber and gives her a hug. He promises to not tell others about it until Amber is ready.
While working at The Spoon, Amber walks over to talk to Andi as she waits for Buffy and Cyrus to join her. They have a nice chat about the book Andi is reading. She even says that she cried when her favorite character died. Andi acts surprised that Amber has feelings. Amber tells Andi that she just have to get to know her better. Andi wonders why Amber is being nice to her. Buffy says they can't trust Amber because she's a snake.
To avoid Amber, The Good Hair Crew starts looking for a different hangout place besides The Spoon Diner but none of the other diners come close. Jonah tells them that Amber is going through a tough time and could really use friends like them. He reveals that he is the one who advised Amber to talk to Andi, Buffy and Cyrus because she needs it. The trio agrees to go back to The Spoon.
Andi notices Amber waiting to sell her some of her old clothes. She walks over and Amber explains her tough financial situation. Andi buys one of Amber's dresses and makes sure Amber knows that she's there for her.
As Amber and Andi become closer, Buffy and Cyrus still don't trust Amber. Buffy reminds them that they should never trust Amber because she's a snake and a scorpion. She's a snorpion.
Nevertheless, Andi accidentally invites Amber for a sleepover. Bex is not okay with the sleepover because she doesn't trust Amber either. But she lets them hang out anyway. After moments of awkwardness with Andi and Amber trying to find what they have in common, they eventually settle on doing each other's makeup. They even dress up like each other. Buffy and Cyrus call in to check in on the sleepover. They make it clear that they don't trust Amber. Amber overhears the whole conversation and says she doesn't blame them. She promises to be a better friend.
Later in the night Amber and Andi decide to do something more fun. They sneak out of the house past Bex. Amber takes Andi to a restricted-access rides. Andi takes the first ride, leaving her phone down with Amber. The phone rings and Amber notices that it's Jonah Beck calling. Seeing Jonah calling Andi brings back all the feelings. Amber gets angry and chooses to sabotage Andi. She locks the rides, making it impossible for Andi to come back down. Andi begs Amber to let her down but Amber abandons her just as the cops approach. Andi gets arrested.
The next day, Amber tries to apologize to Andi but Andi, Buffy and Cyrus are done with her.
Amber seems to be a typical mean-blonde stereotype. She is controlling and manipulative based on the way she treats her boyfriend, Jonah Beck. She is also jealous of Andi Mack out of fear that she will lose Jonah to her. Starting season 2, she seems to be trying to be a better person, possibly due to her father losing his job and her needing emotional support. She is also shown to be a bit crazy and treacherous as shown when she left Andi on the ferris wheel out of spite and jealousy that Jonah was with Andi.
Main Article: Jonah and Amber
- Amber was dating Jonah Beck, despite being older than him and in high school. This has led to tension between Amber and Andi Mack who has a crush on Jonah. She is controlling in the relationship and almost always gets Jonah Beck to do whatever she wants even if that means giving her a bracelet that Andi Mack made for him. She's caught cheating on him by Andi at the end of episode 5. Andi tells Jonah, but Amber tells him she's lying. In episode 7 we're informed Jonah and Amber broke up, but due to Cyrus's unclear advice, Jonah decides to get back together with her. However, he finally realizes that Amber was controlling him after developing feelings for Andi, and dumps her. Furious by their breakup, Amber threatens to make Jonah regret his decision.
- Iris and Amber are friends. When Iris told Amber that she thinks Cyrus is cute, Amber helped set them up and organized a double date.
- Amber absolutely despises Andi, noticing her feelings for Jonah from the second they met. She initially does not take her seriously as a rival, but gradually starts to view her as a threat after she grows close to Jonah. In addition, Andi was the first to notice the way Amber manipulated Jonah, and nearly succeeds in exposing Amber for cheating on him. It was partly because of her that Jonah broke up with Amber. This only intensifies Amber's hatred for Andi.
- In the last scene of "It's Not About You" (S1 Ep5), Amber is seen writing a heart on another boy's hand. Andi tells Jonah about this is in the episode, "She Said, She Said" (S1 Ep6).
- Outside the Box
- Dancing in the Dark
- It's Not About You
- She Said, She Said
- Dad Influence
- Best Surprise Ever
- Hey, Who Wants Pizza?
- Friends Like These
- The Snorpion
- She goes to Grant High School.
- Until Andi informed her, she had no inclination what the significance of the term "Amber Alert" was. She continues to use it anyway.
- When Amber is sometimes with Jonah she is shown at school in the middle of the day, but because she goes to high school, it wouldn't make sense why she is not in school then. This clearly shows she ditched school to be with Jonah.
- In "She Said, She Said" And "Hey, Who Wants Pizza? " It is said she is insecure, which Andi didn't believe.
- She will start working at The Spoon Diner in season 2.
- Her father lost his job.
- Amber says that her parents fight alot and she doesn't like that.
| To view the Amber gallery, click here.